Saturday 27 July 2013

A New Age

Well, I've had this thing dormant here for so long, it has got digital dust which needed blowing off of it. So, yeah, this is my blog. Last time I wrote one, MySpace was king. Funny how things change. Now it's all facebook, YouTube, twitter and flying monkey butlers. I figured it was time to add another string to the proverbial and get down and start writing again. It's a rusty organ. The writing, that is, not, you know.

So the raison d'etre of this blog is to pool together my loves, and try to congeal them into a coherent whole. Maybe congeal wasn't the best word to use. Makes it sound a bit messy. Haaaaaaaaaanyway, these loves are, chiefly, history and travel (hence the blog/twitter/future website name), although I'm sure a bit of film and TV, books, art, music and anything that shinily catches my attention.

I've a few things brewing at the moment, so expect stream of consciousness semi-essays on all manner of topics, including: a short history of the heirs to the throne that didn't quite make it; landowners and blocked footpath access; my review of The White Queen series so far. And other goodies to comes.

Also, if anyone fancies History According To Geoff, give me some ideas and I may make it a regular feature!

Pip pip, and chocks away!

2 comments:

Lindsay Seddon said...

Can't wait for the one about the royals! Love all things royal.

Hiking Historian said...

It'll be the first post in a day or two, Lindsay! There's a fair few heirs that never made it to the English throne, and I'm going to do a brief rundown of them all! Very much inspired by young George (and the fact I've been wating to write a book on them for a while)!